JELADO - 44 DENIM - 310SZ - "STANDARD COLLECTION" - 14oz Selvedge Denim - Standard Straight
Free Shipping in Europe
44 DENIM with the image of 1944 denim, focused on the period during the Second World War.
The historical background of manufacturing during the war, is expressed by changing the pocket lining fabric to green herringbone and reducing the rivets on the coin pocket
• Standard Straight Cut, is between the JELADO 55 denim and the Jelado 66 denim similar to the Levi`s 502 and Lee 101
• American cotton is used for the warp and Zimbabwe cotton is used for the weft
• The number of threads is 66 vertical x 44 horizontal, and the number of warp threads is slightly less than from the 66 denim, making it soft and very comfortable to wear.
• Slightly Deep Rise
• 14oz Selvedge Denim produced on vintage shuttle looms
• American Cotton from Memphis and Zimbabwe Cotton
• Strong twisted cotton yarns
• No rivets on coin pocket
• Original JELADO, rusty laurel buttons
• Yellow stitching same as on the jeans from 1944
• Green Herringbone pocket lining
• Deerskin Patch
• JELADO red tab
• One Washed - the jeans will not shrink anymore
• "Made in Japan"
For the STANDARD COLLECTION, we have made a new run of the “44Denim”, with the image of 1944 in mind, focusing especially on the end of the Second World War. For this run we have used a 7 /-× 6 / - thread count to make the fabric thicker than we use on the “66 Denim”, the Warp is made from American Cotton and the Weft is Zimbabwe for added comfort and a soft handle. The thread count is 66x 44, the Weft thread count being reduced slightly compared to the 66 denim for a little bit of ease.
The “44Denim” has all the features you’d expect of jeans from this era, in response to the production restrictions at the time; Herringbone pocket bags, no arcuate and no rivets on the coin pocket bag.
By changing the Weft to Zimbabwean cotton, and retaining the dry crispiness of the Warp Memphis, the denim will age gently with wear and washing. The silhouette is not too wide or too slim, sitting between the “55Denim” and the “66Denim” making it a very easy cut to wear for everyone.....by JELADO"