JELADO - 55 DENIM JACKET TYPE II - LOT.406XX - "STANDARD COLLECTION" - 14oz Selvedge Denim
Free Shipping in Europe
55 DENIM - 2nd Type Jacket
Based on the Levis 501 - XX denim of early 1950s
Original old-fashioned silhouette
"LAST RESORT" Denim
• 2nd Type Denim Jacket
• 14oz Selvedge Denim produced on vintage shuttle looms
• 100% American Cotton
• Copper Rivets
• Iron Buttons
• Original JELADO branded buttons
• Selvedge placket details
• Deerskin Leather Patch branded with XX
• Woven "LAST RESORT" label on inner pocket
• JELADO red tab
• One Washed - the jacket will not shrink anymore
• Only 42 size (XL) and 44 size (XXL) have a "armpit stripping" design that adds fabric to the armpits. Please note that the price and details are slightly different
• "Made in Japan"
"JP94406 55Denim Jacket 406XX
For the STANDARD COLLECTION, the classic “55Denim Jacket” will be updated to use our new Denim “LAST RESORT” which we named after the Japanese Phrase “Denka no Houtou” commonly meaning the “Last Resort”.
An early 1950’s Deadstock Levi’s XX fabric was disassembled and analyzed by us, we took a look at every part of the fabric; cotton fiber length, thread twist count and chose the perfect American Cotton and reproduced it on some of the oldest shuttle looms in Japan, with the colour of the Indigo dye matched perfectly to the original. Although based on the classic Type II Jacket the “55Denim Jacket” is a little more tailored, though still uses a fabric reminiscent of that era as well as features commonly found on the originals, such as, a lighter weight denim to back the pocket flap, Iron front buttons and Copper Rivets on the sleeve.....by JELADO"